Thursday, January 28, 2016

When we were young

Right so, I have a new WINZ person, which I'm kinda bummed about cos I liked my last one, he was quite nice and easy to talk to. My disabilities benefit isn't coming through just yet which pisses me off cos I still need to buy a new dress for the thing next weekend, well ok not need but would feel better. Also there were bills and so I have twelve dollars and minimal food, and still have a bill to pay.
We had our flat inspection from the note the inspector left I assume it went well, I got all the weeding done clean the bathroom, minimally cleaned my room so yeah.
Oh man I go in for training for volunteer work at the library on Wednesday, I'm sort of looking forward to it and sort of  trepidatious about it, but it's good news, it is, it's getting back into the saddle.
In other news I read the new Nora Roberts book Stars of Fortune, oh mama was it good, I love her books and this one was set in Greece, I love Greece, all that history and nature and architecture and oh just everything, I get tingles just thinking about it.
In further other news I am taking up pilates, I've been using this one video from Youtube, I've thus far made it six minutes in after three tries, the beginning stretching exhausts me and I never realised how unfit I was until she said that it was a beginning stretch I thought it was an exercise, it killed me. But I will persevere, Pillows going to join me, also when we get back from the thing I'm enrolling in a gym, this is my year of fitness and doing better, also it counts as a leaving the house activity even if I drag Pillow with me.
 I've been looking at world building for my story it's intense and requires a lot of thought and ideas and hard work, because you can't just throw people onto a backdrop in a story the speak metaphorically people will see right through the paint at the holes in the canvas, a huge part of plot and character development is the setting, and if you're writing fantasy or science fiction you need to know a crap load. I still can decide if what I'm writing counts as fantasy or sci-fi it has elements of both but I need to buckle down and write out basically everything also I really want a blank globe to map geography on so I'll look into buying one at Warehouse Stationary. I've also been thinking about time keeping and the length of a year, Earth once counted a ten month year but we're at twelve now and I'm thinking of making my worlds a sixteen month one, it would go with the idea that time passes differently out of their world and the longevity that I've been thinking of ascribing to them. But yeah.
Pillow should be back soon and the Kitteh and I will be happy to see her.

Currently Listening to: Ed Sheeran- Afire Love
Current .gif feeling: 

No comments:

Post a Comment