Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

I miss writing. I miss my stories, being able to open one up and just keep going or to open an empty document and start. This computer doesn't have the right document software. *Sigh*
I'm still reading Batman fanfiction, and mentally writing it.
Easter was good, I ate many chocolate. I watched the new Beauty and the Beast movie and really liked it, the soundtrack is awesome, I also rewatched Robin Hood: Men In Tights, which continues to amuse me. 
I start mentally writing things when I'm trying to sleep and yet now when I have an open window in front of me to write on ... nada. My mind is a blank space empty of words. Son of a monkeys brothers goat skin.
Right so last time I talked about my Batman AU idea, mostly focussing on Bart, the idea itself, however, is a massive BatFamily centric universe where people are happy, the idea started with one fanfiction I read where the Robin in the first season of Young Justice is Tim(1), then I read another one where it was Nightwing who founded the Teen Titans (in the cartoon) instead of Dick Grayson as Robin, and the Titans didn't know he had been Robin(2). There were others where Batman had taken in each of the BatKids earlier, one of the best (3) inspired me, and using my mind as a blender along with ideas from tons of other fanfiction. All of those ideas created the freaking epic BatFamily universe which seems to get bigger in my head every time I read a comic or fanfiction or even look at pictures, none of it is written down anywhere though because I can never seem to figure out how to begin.
The basic idea is that all five of the BatKids were found or adopted within a very short time of each other, Dick Grayson was Robin, but he grew up to become Nightwing and formed the Teen Titans; Cassandra Cain trains with Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and after the Joker happens and Babs loses her legs Cass takes over as Batgirl; Jason Todd was the second Robin who left to become Red Hood and work in the Outlaws with Arsenal (who is a clone of the original Roy Harper) and StarFire; Tim Drake is the third Robin and he's the Robin that forms Young Justice alongside Impulse, Superboy, Artemis, Miss Martian and Aqualad; Damian Wayne is still in training and doesn't yet have a name. When Young Justice is formed no-one knows that there's been more than one Robin, the Teen Titans are an unaffiliated group formed by young heroes, the Outlaws tend toward more covert heroics, and the Bats all tend to be secretive so none of their teammates really have any idea about them. 
All of that is just a basic outline of the whole thing which sits in my head getting bigger constantly and that I'm probably never going to post even if I eventually write it out. Some of my fanfictions are like that, really I only write them for myself just because that was what I wanted to read but I'm way too invested in it to actually put it out there. It's still strange to me how invested you can get in soemthing that wasn't even originally your brain child.
Well that's me for now.

Currently Listening To: Ed Sheeran- Galway Girl
Current .gif feeling: 

No comments:

Post a Comment